Make a difference and put your name forward as a governor of Barnsley Hospital
Each year up to a third of seats for public and staff Governors go to election. This year’s elections include six seats in the Barnsley public constituency (public & patient members living in the borough of Barnsley), one out of area public seat, one for the Clinical Support staff constituency and one for Nursing & Midwifery staff.
The 2017 documents for elections are listed below. The factsheet contains more information about the nomination and election processes:
- Notice of election
- Printable nomination form (PDF)
- Factsheet 2017
- Statement of Persons Nominated (SOPN) (PDF)
- Notice of Poll (PDF)
- Declaration – Barnsley (PDF)
- Declaration – Non Clinical Support (PDF)
- Unopposed declaration – Nursing & Midwifery (PDF)
To be nominated for election you have to be a member of Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. You can sign up on our members page. If you are a member already, use our “Update your details” form so we can ensure we send information to the right place.
UK Engage – the independent body which will be running our election process – has confirmed the following timetable for the latest Governor elections:
- Monday, 23 October 2017: Notice of Election and invitations for nominations
- Wednesday, 8 November 2017: Closing date for Nominations. You can still register as a member until until this date – after that time you can still become a member but will not be able to vote in this election.
- Monday, 13 November 2017: Last date for candidates to withdraw from the elections.
- Thursday, 23 November 2017: Notice of Poll to be issued. UK Engage will distribute voting packs to all registered members in applicable constituencies.
- Monday, 18 December 2017: Closing date for election. Election results will be announced as soon as possible after the closing date.
If you would like more information about becoming a Governor please call UK Engage on 0345 2093770.
Alternatively, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or write to: UK Engage, 10 Acorn Business Park, Stockport SK4 1AS or Governors’ Office, Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Gawber Road, Barnsley S75 2EP.
You can also speak to our Chairman, Stephen Wragg, to learn more about the role of a Governor before you apply – If you need any further information please call Katie Hyde, on 01226 431809 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.