Our team provides specialised communication aids and environmental controls. We work with professionals in each local area of Yorkshire and Humber to provide this equipment to enhance the quality of life and independence of individuals with severe disabilities.
- Carry out assessments with each individual and the local team to establish what might be appropriate to support and improve the person’s communication or control.
- Provide specialised communication aids and environmental control equipment.
- Support and maintain the equipment provided.
- Offer advice and support to local professionals and others supporting those using with the potential to use this equipment.
- Deliver assistive technology training and education to support local professionals (in Yorkshire and Humber) and also to support students training to work in this field.
- Publish resources and information to support local teams and those using assistive technology.
- Carry out a wide range of research and development.