Here are just some of the steps we’ve taken to ensure fair and equal access to treatment and working practices are met:
- We have a policy on Equality, Diversity and Human Rights and statement which sets out our stance on eliminating discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age and/or marital status
- Developed alongside staff Side representatives, we have strict procedures
for dealing with allegations of bullying and/or harassment at work.
- The Trust have trained Bullying and Harassment Advisors.
- Clinical and non clinical staff have received cultural awareness training, delivered by the local community.
- understanding of different religions and cultures which helps in the care of patients and better understanding of work colleagues
- We take very seriously our responsibilities to ensure better access to hospital services for people with disabilities, and an active patient participation group where patients and carers are consulted regularly takes place.
- We have a programme of Master class workshops to help our Equality Assessors effectively undertake robust equality analysis in their areas of work.
- All our policies, any organisational change in service delivery or staff restructures are supported by equality analysis.
- The Trust provide free access to interpreting and translation services.
- We monitor and analyses our workforce to make sure we comply with equal
opportunities legislation and Human Rights.
- We have an Equality and Diversity Strategy Steering Group which plans the Trust’s strategic approach to promoting diversity. This is lead by an Executive lead- Director of HR and Organisational Development.
- Equality and Diversity training is part of our mandatory training requirements for ALL staff and monitored and reported on through the Equality and Diversity Strategy Steering Group.
- Minutes from the above Group are reported into the Non Clinical Governance and Risk group.
- The Trust are Associate members of NHS Employers Equality Group.
- The Trust have Diversity, Dignity and Customer Care Champions clinical and non clinical through out the Trust.
If you have any questions or would like any of our information in another format, please contact Beverley Powell , Equality and Diversity Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 012226 43 730000