Occupational Health and Wellbeing currently provide services to numerous external local clients, including Barnsley schools, health care providers and small local businesses.
For more information or to discuss our range of services and set up a service level agreement, please contact Sally Bladen, Occupational Health and Wellbeing Manager on 01226 434939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are staffed by:
- Specialist Nurses trained in Occupational Health and have an Occupational Health Consultant on site once a month;
- Registered Mental Health Practitioners who can provide cognitive behavioral based interventions and specialise in stress and anxiety management, a BACP qualified counsellor with diverse experience who can also provide specific therapy for post traumatic stress disorder.
- Moving and Handling Specialist risk assessment, workstation assessment trained;
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing – self help packages for anxiety/depression mental health assessment and intervention. Advice and support for work related stress, workplace mediation, counselling.
We provide a range of services including:
- Advice on health issues affecting work;
- Fitness for work at employment;
- Advice on workplace modification;
- Immunisation programme;
- Workplace visits/workstation assessments;
- Policy development in relation to health;
- Moving and handling specialist advice and management of training and risk assessments;
- Contamination incident management;
- Advice on management of infectious disease;
- Mental health and stress assessment and treatment;
- Bespoke stress control workshop and training on stress and mental health issues;
- Health surveillance e.g. skin surveillance, lung function and hearing, working with Barnsley Audiology Department
- We adhere to current Occupational Health Guidelines and would be happy to come and discuss any individual requirements.
- Records are kept according to the Data Protection Act. Information is provided to managers in response to questions asked on the management referral, however medical details will remain confidential.
Barnsley Occupational Health and Wellbeing Service operates as an independent unit providing impartial advice to management about the effects of work on health and health on work.