Dr Lobaz has been a consultant at Barnsley Hospital since 2015.
Prior to his appointment he undertook training at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne Medical School obtaining his MBBS and BMedsci qualifications. Further training was undertaken between 2005-15, this included foundation training, speciality training in Anaesthetics and Intensive Care Medicine and an Advanced Intensive Care Medicine Fellowship.
Dr Lobaz has clinical interests in:
- Intensive Care Medicine including:
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Fluid, Electrolytes & Metabolic Disorders
- Focused Intensive Care Echocardiography (FICE)
- Total Intravenous Anaesthesia (TIVA)
- Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery (ENT) Anaesthesia
- Difficult airway / Shared airway work
- Patient Safety & Quality Improvement
- Education including:
- Lead Author: Critical Care MCQs: a companion for Intensive Care Exams. Lobaz, Hamilton, Glossop, Raithatha. tfm publishing
- Editor for eFFICM (2016-2017)
- Contributor: Crit-IQ (2015)
- E-learning Development
- FRCA and FFICM Exam Preparation
- Acute Kidney Injury, Fluid and Electrolytes Speaker
Outside of work Dr Lobaz is a keen distance runner and being the best dad he can be for his daughters.