Round-the-clock cover is provided for the spiritual needs of patients and staff, offering religious and sacramental services either in the Chapel or at the bedside.
Where to find the chapel – As you enter the main entrance to the hospital, turn left and follow the corridor right down to the end where the lifts are. The entrance to the chapel is straight in front of you and is open at all times. Please feel free to put the lights on should you need them.
- Father Peter Needham(CoE) is the hospital full-time Chaplin.
- Father Damian Humphries (Roman Catholic) works part time, usually on Wednesdays, but also works on an on call basis for all areas of the Hospital.
- Pastor John Griffiths (Free Church) works part time at the Hospital.
- Imam Abdul Aziz works on a voluntary basis and is available for Muslim patients and staff.
Sunday Service Details –The hospital conducts a Sunday service (Church of England) at 10:45am. Volunteers are available to bring patients to the service and then return them to the wards. All are welcome, of any faith or none.
Mid-Week Worship Details
- Monday: 9:30am Mass (Church of England)
- Wednesday: 12:00 Mass Roman Catholic) 1pm Mass (Church of England) 2pm Hospital Prayers
- Hospital prayers: This is an opportunity for people to be prayed for by name. Everyone is welcome.
Chaplaincy Support & Events
The chaplaincy provides the annual Christmas Carol service for the hospital community (staff and patients welcome) and the yearly memorial service for Barnsley children and babies.
The hospital chapel is available for staff Baptisms and memorial services.