The department is in new modern premises on the first floor of the hospital.
Barnsley Hospital GU offer the following services:
- STI testing
- HIV testing including point of care testing (POCT)
- Home delivery of HIV medications
- Treatment of STIs
- Treatment and care of HIV infection
- Sexual health advice
- Partner notification
- Emergency contraception/contraception including long acting reversible contraception (LARC)
- Provision of condoms (C-card scheme)
- Hepatitis B testing and vaccination
- Specialist vulval clinic
- Telephone advice relating to STIs and HIV for patients, GPs and other health care practitioners
Barnsley Hospital GU opening times are as follows:
- Monday 8:15am – 4:30pm
- Tuesday 8:15am – 6:30pm
- Wednesday 8:00am – 3:00pm
- Thursday 8:15am – 4:30pm
- Friday 8:15am – 4:00pm
Please note the last new patient appointment is one hour prior to clinic closing.
Reception opening hours are:
- Monday 8:00am – 5:30pm
- Tuesday 8:00am – 7:00pm
- Wednesday 7:30am – 4:00pm
- Thursday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Contact Barnsley Hospital GU:
- Appointments - 01226 432599
- If you require advice call the health advisor’s - 01226 432210
Individuals may wish to attend GU medicine if they have symptoms of a sexually transmitted infection (STI) or if they would like to be screened for infections for peace of mind, for emergency contraception/contraception.
People with concerns or problems can speak directly to one of the health adviser team who will offer advice and support. Urgent same day appointments are available for those that require them.
Walk-in and wait service is also available most mornings and Tuesday evening (please contact reception for information on this service as it is subject to change).