Orthodontics is a dental specialty that deals with disorders of dental and facial growth and development. We work with oral & maxillofacial and plastic surgeons, along with restorative dentists, to treat patients with a high need of care to correct their dental and facial aesthetics, as well as the dental occlusion.
We accept the referral of patients with the following:
- Patients requiring orthognathic surgery for correction of dentofacial disharmony
- Patients with ectopic or impacted teeth, excluding third molars
- Patients requiring a combination of orthodontic and restorative treatment, in particular those patients with missing teeth, either congenitally or due to trauma, and other dental anomalies, such as microdontia, macrodontia, delayed eruption, retained or infra-occluded deciduous teeth and supernumerary teeth
- Assessment of patients receiving a general anaesthetic, such as those requiring extraction of first molars, where there might be future orthodontic implications, or those patients with learning difficulties, or medically compromised patients
- Patients with cleft lip and palate or cranio-facial problems
- Those patients requiring a second opinion
Referrals are accepted from GPs, dentists and other hospital departments.