- Promoting health and modernising services for older people across the health and social care community
- Promoting seamless services; evaluating pathways of care between and across service providers including primary, secondary and social interfaces
- The pathogenesis and treatment of cardiovascular disorders in patients with and without diabetes mellitus
- Optimising cancer care across networks and multiple service providers
Research at Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has grown rapidly in recent years.
Funding for our research and development projects went over £1 million for the first time last year. There are currently over 40 research active professionals in the Trust distributed across the health professions.
Recent achievements include:
- Externally funded research projects with funding totalling £6 million – including MRC, EPSRC, European Commission, HAZ, Dept. of Health
- Established a core staff membership of the research department to facilitate research at BDGH and in primary care (including social care)
- Developed systems of research governance in accordance with Department of Health guidelines
- Developed strong links with universities and other health and social care organisations
- Researchers had more than 40 papers published in specialist professional journals last year.
Professor SG Parker
Director of Research & Development
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
South Yorkshire S75 2EP
For general enquiries:
Tel: 01226 730000 ext. 4430
Fax: 01226 202859