The Barnsley Hospital Rheumatology team provide a diagnosis and treatment service for all rheumatological conditions.
We serve the Barnsley population and also receive referrals from surrounding areas.
The Department has 3 rheumatology consultants, 1 Associate Specialist and 1 nurse practitioner. There is a also a dedicated advice line for follow up patients.
Consultant and Nurse Clinics are held Monday to Friday.
You can contact the department as follows:
- Appointment enquiries: 01226 434343
- Medication enquiries: 01226 432421 / 2387
- Any other enquiries: 01226 432421 / 2387
- Advice line: 01226 432387
Rheumatology Referral Criteria
We accept referrals from GPs or any NHS provider who require a rheumatological opinion for the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosis and other connective tissue diseases
- Ankylosing Spondylitis and inflammatory back pain
- Osteoporosis and other metabolic bone disorders
- Soft tissue Rheumatism
We also provide a monthly clinic in partnership with the Orthopaedic Consultants.