Make a difference and put your name forward as a governor of Barnsley Hospital
Each year up to a third of seats for public and staff Governors go to election. This year’s elections include seven seats in the Barnsley public constituency (public & patient members living in the borough of Barnsley), one out of area public seat, and one for the Medical & Dental staff constituency.
The 2018 documents for elections are listed below. The factsheet contains more information about the nomination and election processes:
To be nominated for election you have to be a member of Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. You can sign up on our members page. If you are a member already, use our “Update your details” form so we can ensure we send information to the right place.
UK Engage – the independent body which will be running our election process – has confirmed the following timetable for the latest Governor elections:
Timetable for 2019 Elections
- Tuesday, 20 November 2018 – Publication of Notice of Election
- Thursday, 6 December 2018 – Deadline for Receipt of Nominations – 5pm
- Friday, 7 December 2018 – Publication of Statement of Nominations
- Tuesday, 11 December 2018 – Deadline for Candidate Withdrawals
- Friday, 21 December 2018 – Notice of Poll / Issue of Ballot Packs
- Thursday, 17 January 2019 – Close of Poll – 5pm
- Friday, 18 January 2019 – Declaration of Result
If you would like more information about becoming a Governor please call UK Engage on 0345 2093770.
Alternatively, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com, or write to: UK Engage, 10 Acorn Business Park, Stockport SK4 1AS or Governors’ Office, Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Gawber Road, Barnsley S75 2EP.