This loan agreement describes our responsibilities and the responsibilities of the person using the equipment. This loan agreement covers all situations in which we provide equipment.
The latest version of this loan agreement applies to all equipment provided by The Assistive Technology team of Barnsley Hospital NHS Trust, irrespective of when this equipment was provided. If you do not wish this loan agreement to apply you must contact the team to state and discuss this.
The loan agreement sets out the terms and conditions for a contract between the Client and the Assistive Technology team of Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (the Trust).
This agreement allows the use of the Equipment in a Client’s home free of charge.
The Client will be responsible for caring for the Equipment and this includes backing up personal or other data stored on the Equipment such as photographs. The Assistive Technology Team will be responsible for keeping the equipment in good working order.
Version 3 – February 2023
We have updated our loan agreement. The changes to the agreement:
- clarifies the actions The Trust will take following repeated loss or damage to a device;
- removes the need for the client and/or nominated representative to sign this agreement;
- clarifies that the latest version of this agreement, as posted here, is the agreement that is place for all equipment provided;
- makes it clear that the Trust is not responsible for any website or web services accessed as well as any data that is downloaded;
- we have provided a large font size version of the agreement (this is set out with font size 18pt).
Version 2 – December 2019.
The changes in Version 2 of the agreement broadly attempt to clarify responsibilities for the equipment the Assistive Technology team of the Trust provides. This includes:
- Clarifying that the Trust is the owner of the Equipment we provide.
- Clarifying that we backup the AAC or EC software as part of maintenance of the Equipment, but not other personal data stored on the Equipment.
- Clarifying that we are not responsible for the use of the Internet on the Equipment.
- Clarifying that we are only responsible for the equipment we install, not equipment that works in conjunction with the equipment we install but which is installed by someone else.
– Clarifying that a Nominated Representative can sign this agreement.