The Environmental Information Regulations 2004 allows the public the right to see information which the Trust holds about the environment. Environmental information includes:
- the state of the elements of the environment, such as air and atmosphere, water, soil, land, landscape and natural sites including wetlands, coastal and marine areas, biological diversity and its components, including genetically modified organisms, and the interaction among these elements;
- factors, such as substances, energy, noise, radiation or waste, including radioactive waste, emissions, discharges and other releases into the environment, affecting or likely to affect the elements of the environment referred to in (a);
- measures (including administrative measures), such as policies, legislation, plans, programmes, environmental agreements, and activities affecting or likely to affect the elements and factors referred to in (a) and (b) as well as measures or activities designed to protect those elements;
- reports on the implementation of environmental legislation;
- cost-benefit and other economic analyses and assumptions used within the framework of the measures and activities referred to in (c); and
- the state of human health and safety, including the contamination of the food chain, where relevant, conditions of human life, cultural sites and built structures inasmuch as they are or may be affected by the state of the elements of the environment referred to in (a) or, through those elements, by any of the matters referred to in (b) and (c);
Unlike the Freedom of Information and Data Protection Acts, requests for information regarding environmental information can be made verbally as well as in writing.
Responses should be made in writing within 20 working days. However the response time can be extended by a further 20 working days if the request is substantial.
Making a request Electronically
- Please send your request to email@example.com.
Making a request by Post
- Write to:
Information Governance Team
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Making a Verbal request
- Contact: 01226 432017