Are you looking for help with the accessibility features of this website?
Accessibility at Barnsley Hospital
Do you need information in a different format? Do you need help to communicate with us?
We may be able to support you with:
|Large Print||Email or SMS Text|
|Braille||Help with translation|
Information for deaf customers in Barnsley
Information for Deaf People in Barnsley includes important services and how to contact them:
Information in different languages
An interpreting service is available for patients. We do not allow family, friends or children to act as interpreters during your treatment or appointments.
- Latvian – Mēs varam nodrošināt tulku jūsu slimnīcas apmeklējumam — palūdziet to kādam mūsu
- Polish – Możemy zapewnić tłumacza ustnego podczas Państwa wizyty w szpitalu – prosimy o kontakt z członkiem personelu
- Russian – мы можем предоставить вам услуги переводчика на время приема в больнице – при необходимости, пожалуйста, обратитесь к персоналу
- Mandarin – 我们可为您的医院约诊提供一名口译员——请向工作人员征询
- Farsi – ما می توانیم ترجمان برای نوبت شفاخانه شما ترتیب دهیم – لطفأ از یکی از کارمندان پرسان کنید
We understand that what’s accessible for one person is not always accessible to someone else. That’s why we have partnered with AccessAble to create a Detailed Access Guide for Barnsley Hospital – it’s 100% facts, figures and photographs. There is lots of information as we know that everyone needs to know something different.
To see the detailed accessibility guides for the Barnsley Hospital site, visit AccessAble’s mobile-friendly website, or download their free App to use AccessAble on the go.
We strive to ensure this website is easy to use. We use modern web standards to develop this website.
Recite Me is innovative cloud-based software that lets visitors to our website view and use it in the way that works best for them.
We have added the Recite Me web accessibility and language toolbar to our website to make it accessible and inclusive for as many people as possible.
It helps the one in five people in the UK who have a disability, including those with common conditions like sight loss and dyslexia, to access this website in the way that suits them best.
It also meets the needs of the one in ten people in the UK who don’t speak English as their first language, by being able to translate our web content into over 100 different languages.
How do I access the Recite Me toolbar?
You can open the Recite Me language and accessibility toolbar by clicking on the
After you click on the launch icon the Recite Me toolbar opens and displays a range of different options for customising how the website looks and how you can access the content.
How does Recite Me help me access this website?
Recite Me helps people to access our website to do the things they need to do, like find information about how to access our service by making complaints, access publications and read news.
The Recite Me toolbar has a unique range of functions. You can use it to:
- Have the text on our website read aloud (including PDFs)
- Download the text as an MP3 file to play it where and when it suits you
- Change font sizes and colours
- Customise background colour
- Translate text into more than 100 different languages
- Access a fully integrated dictionary and thesaurus
You can find out more about how Recite Me works from the Recite Me user guide.