Children’s Physiotherapy Service
The paediatric physiotherapy team provides physiotherapy care for children on the wards, the special care baby unit and in outpatient settings.
The paediatric physiotherapy team works with all ages of children from premature babies to sixteen year olds, treating a wide variety of conditions within these age groups.
The specialist services provided include:
- the ‘Ponseti’ method of treatment for club feet (a technique that corrects congenital clubfoot without invasive surgery)
- the ‘Joan Lacey’ neurological assessment for premature babies (the gold standard assessment tool for detecting early problems in this vulnerable age group)
- combined podiatry and physiotherapy assessments
- input into the Cystic Fibrosis clinic
- evidence based treatment for toe walkers
- musculoskeletal physiotherapy assessment and treatment
- exercise programmes
We also work closely with the community therapy team to support children with long term needs.