A comprehensive routine and emergency out-of-hours diagnostic service is delivered with the majority of investigations being performed in-house.
- A full service is available Monday to Friday 08.45 am to 8.00 pm
- The out-of-hours service is staffed by one BMS from each discipline and requests made during this period should be limited to those investigations which will have an impact on immediate patient management.
- Work is prioritised by laboratory staff into:
- Urgent Requests – All Emergency Department requests and requests where the urgent protocol has been followed.
- ASAP Requests – Samples from predefined areas where turnaround times are key to patient care.
- Routine Requests