Our mission and values
Our mission is to provide the best possible care for the people of Barnsley and beyond at all stages of their life.
Barnsley Hospital values
By putting our values of respect, teamwork, and diversity into action, we work towards our mission.
We treat people how they would like to be treated:
- We will show you respect, courtesy and professionalism
- We will treat you with kindness, compassion and dignity
- We will communicate with you in a clear, honest and responsible manner
We work together to provide the best quality care we can:
- We will share the same goals: finding answers together
- We will recognise your contribution by treating you fairly and equally
- We will constantly learn from you, so we share and develop together
We focus on your individual and diverse needs:
- We will personalise the care we give to you
- We will keep you involved and involve you in decisions
- We will take the time to listen to you