The Occupational Health Service is based at Barnsley Hospital. It is an accredited service by Safe Effective Quality Occupational Services (SEQOHS) since 2013 and received re-accreditation in 2020
We deliver a range of services to organisations such as schools, primary care providers, charitable organisations, other NHS Trusts, and small to medium businesses.
For more information or to discuss the range of services available, please contact
Occupational Health: 01226 434939 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A multi-disciplinary team, consisting of Occupational Health (OH) Specialist nurses, OH Consultant, Mental Health Specialist, MSK Specialist.
- Advice on health issues affecting work – Absence management / Fitness for work.
- Pre-Employment screening
- Occupational Immunisation and public health (flu, covid vaccine)
- Advice on management of infectious diseases
- Health Surveillance (Lung function, Skin assessments, facilitation of hearing testing)
- Contamination Management (blood / bodily fluid exposure)
- Short term mental health interventions
- Advice on workplace modifications and adjustments
- Workplace visits / assessments
- Advice for developing workplace health policies
- Moving & Handling Specialist advice incorporating the management of training and risk assessments
- Mental Health support
- Lifestyle Assessments to encourage a proactive approach to Health & Wellbeing to include:
- Cholesterol / Glucose testing
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Blood Pressure check
- Healthy Eating and weight management
- Smoking Cessation signposting to in house Smoke Free service
- Alcohol reduction support
Data Protection / Confidentiality
Records are kept according to the Data Protection Act. Information is provided to managers in response to questions asked on the management referral and this will be provided with the consent of the individual, however medical details will remain confidential.
Barnsley Occupational Health Service operate as an independent unit providing impartial advice to management about the effects of work on health and health on work.