Using the NHS app to view your hospital appointments
While you are waiting for your hospital appointment, operation or treatment, you can now use the NHS App to view and manage your hospital appointments, and access information and support while you wait to be seen.
You will be able to see all your referrals and hospital appointments in one place via the NHS App, and have a single point of contact for each appointment.
If you already use our patient portal, you can continue to use this, and you can also use the NHS App.
You can download the NHS App on your phone or tablet. You can also access the same services in a web browser by logging in through the NHS website.
You must be aged 13 or over to use the NHS App.
You also need to be registered with a GP surgery in England or the Isle of Man. Find out more about who can use the NHS App.
Visit the NHS App webpage on the national NHS website, for more information on using the NHS App - including how to download the NHS App.
What else can I use the NHS app for?
You need to prove who you are to get full access to the NHS App. With full access you can:
- order repeat prescriptions and nominate a pharmacy where you would like to collect them
- view your GP health record to see information like your allergies and medicines (if your GP has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results)
- book and manage coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccinations
- get your NHS COVID Pass (there are also other ways to get your COVID Pass)
- register your organ donation decision
- choose how the NHS uses your data
- view your NHS number (find out what your NHS number is)
- use NHS 111 online to answer questions and get instant advice or medical help near you
Before proving who you are, you can use the NHS App to:
- search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments
- find NHS services near you
Depending on your GP surgery or hospital, you may be able to use the NHS App to:
- message your GP surgery or a health professional online
- contact your GP surgery using an online form and get a reply
- access health services on behalf of someone you care for
- view and manage your hospital and other healthcare appointments
- view useful links your doctor or health professional has shared with you
- view and manage care plans