Information for outpatients
Find out what you need to know if you are visiting the hospital.
Barnsley Hospitals Dermatology team provide a diagnostic and treatment service for all Dermatological conditions. We serve the Barnsley population and also receive referrals from many surrounding areas.
The department is staffed by Dermatology Consultants, GP’s with a special interest in dermatology (GPSI), GP Clinical Assistants (GPCA), a Nurse Practitioner and a Skin Cancer Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS).
The dermatology department is a consultant led service that provides the following:
- General dermatology clinics for various rashes
- Skin cancer clinics (2 week wait for melanomas and squamous cell carcinomas)
- Lesion clinics for other lesions where there is a diagnostic uncertainty
- Skin surgery clinics mainly for skin cancers and some benign lesions (benign lesions with prior funding approval)
- Contact dermatitis and patch testing clinics
- Vulval clinics (run in conjunction with GU Medicine)
- A tertiary referral clinic for difficult urticaria and angioedema
- Paediatric (children’s) dermatology clinic
- We also have a range of nurse led clinics including:
- Iontophoresis clinics for patients with hyperhidrosis (excess sweating)
- Leg ulcer clinics (for difficult ulcers, which are not responding to community treatment)
- Phototherapy clinics
- Camouflage treatment clinics
- Prick testing clinics
- Minor operation clinics
Accessibility & Travel Information
Click here for accessibility information and directions for visiting the Dermatology Department. This page also includes printable guides for your convenience.