The Barnsley Hospital Rheumatology team provide a diagnosis and treatment service for all rheumatological conditions and offers the following services and treatments:
- Injection Clinics
- Paediatric Clinics
- Day Case Treatments
- Early Arthritis Clinic
- Nurse clinics for disease and drug monitoring
The department also runs a special clinic to assess people with early inflammatory arthritis. If your GP refers you to this clinic you will usually be seen within two weeks.
We accept referrals from GPs or any NHS provider who require a rheumatological opinion for the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosis and other connective tissue diseases
- Ankylosing Spondylitis and inflammatory back pain
- Osteoporosis and other metabolic bone disorders
- Soft tissue Rheumatism
We also provide a monthly clinic in partnership with the Orthopaedic Consultants.
Accessibility & Travel Information
Click here for accessibility information and directions for visiting the Rheumatology Department. This page also includes printable guides for your convenience.