The dermatology department provides diagnosis, treatment and clinics for skin conditions.
Barnsley Hospitals Dermatology team provide a diagnostic and treatment service for all dermatological conditions. We serve the Barnsley population and also receive referrals from many surrounding areas.
The department is staffed by Dermatology Consultants, GP’s with a special interest in dermatology (GPSI), GP Clinical Assistants (GPCA), a Nurse Practitioner and a Skin Cancer Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS).
The dermatology department is a consultant led service that provides the following:
- general dermatology clinics for various rashes
- skin cancer clinics (2 week wait for melanomas and squamous cell carcinomas)
- lesion clinics for other lesions where there is a diagnostic uncertainty
- skin surgery clinics mainly for skin cancers and some benign lesions (benign lesions with prior funding approval)
- contact dermatitis and patch testing clinics
- vulval clinics (run in conjunction with GU Medicine)
- a tertiary referral clinic for difficult urticaria and angioedema
- paediatric (children’s) dermatology clinic
We also have a range of nurse led clinics including:
- iontophoresis clinics for patients with hyperhidrosis (excess sweating)
- leg ulcer clinics (for difficult ulcers, which are not responding to community treatment)
- phototherapy clinics
- camouflage treatment clinics
- prick testing clinics
- minor operation clinics
Visit the AccessAble website for accessibility information and directions for visiting the Dermatology Department.