Information for outpatients
Find out what you need to know if you are visiting the hospital.
The Robert Hague Centre for Diabetes is based at Barnsley Hospital, the centre is named after one our past consultants in recognition for his work within the hospital and his service to the patients of Barnsley.
The department provides a range of hospital based diabetes and endocrinology services including:
- Podiatrist (Foot Clinic)
- Endocrine Specialist Nurse
- Research and Development
- Young Adult Clinics
- Antenatal Services
- Diabetic Eye Screening
- Insulin Pump Clinics
- Andrology – testosterone deficiency and erectile dysfunction
- Pituitary disorders
- Growth hormone replacement therapy and thyroid disease
- Full endocrine testing
- Radioiodine therapy – Iodine treatment for overactive thyroid conditions
- Fine needle aspirations of thyroid nodules
- Endocrine antenatal clinics
We have a highly specialised team consisting of five consultants, an endocrine specialist nurse, research registrar & nurse, podiatrist, dietician and retinal screeners.
We also provide an in patient service for acute medical, diabetes and endocrinology related problems.
Accessibility & Travel Information
Click here for accessibility information and directions for visiting the Diabetes and Endocrinology. This page also includes printable guides for your convenience.
HCG Gonasi Tutorial