Community Paediatric Services
Welcome to Barnsley Community Paediatrics; a part of the integrated paediatric services at Barnsley Hospital.
Our experienced team provides care for children and young people up to the age of 16 (or 18 for autism assessments and young people in specialist settings).
Our service is split into two main areas, Community Paediatric Services and Autism Assessment and Diagnosis Services. We currently see children for:
- Global Developmental Delays
- Isolated Speech, Language and Communication Difficulties
Isolated Motor Delays (Gross/Fine)
Looked after children’s initial health assessment
Adoption and Fostering Services, and
Autism Assessment & Diagnosis
Services we don’t offer:
- ADHD assessment, support or medication – please contact CAMHS
- Paediatric Epilepsy – please refer to epilepsy service in acute paediatrics
- Paediatric Enuresis
- Behaviour difficulties – (if a young person presents with behavioural difficulties as part of social communication difficulties then please see our autism section)
- Sensory processing difficulties – please contact the paediatric therapy team
- Sleep assessment, support or advice
- Review health assessments for looked after children
The team is based at New Street Health Centre and offer community-based clinics across the borough.
Get in touch
Our team are available via our single point of access number:
Call (01226) 644 876
You can also email us on:
Community Paediatrics Team
Autism Assessment Team
Our office is open Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 4.30pm. We are closed on all public bank holidays. At times we may be unable to answer your calls due to the high volume of calls we receive each day.
Friends and Family Test
The Friends and Family Test gives you, our service users, the opportunity to feedback on your experience and aims to highlight both good and poor experience.
You should be asked for your feedback whenever you attend Barnsley Hospital. If you visit the Emergency department you will be asked for feedback of your experience via text message.