Diabetes and Endocrinology
The Diabetes and Endocrinology department provides specialist services for patients with diabetes throughout Barnsley and the surrounding areas.
The Robert Hague Centre for Diabetes is based at Barnsley Hospital, the centre is named after one our past consultants in recognition for his work within the hospital and his service to the patients of Barnsley.
The department provides a range of hospital based diabetes and endocrinology services including:
- podiatrist (foot clinic)
- endocrine specialist nurse
- research and development
- young adult clinics
- antenatal services
- diabetic eye screening
- insulin pump clinics
- andrology – testosterone deficiency and erectile dysfunction
- pituitary disorders
- growth hormone replacement therapy and thyroid disease
- full endocrine testing
- radioiodine therapy – iodine treatment for overactive thyroid conditions
- fine needle aspirations of thyroid nodules
- endocrine antenatal clinics
We have a highly specialised team consisting of five consultants, an endocrine specialist nurse, research registrar & nurse, podiatrist, dietician and retinal screeners.
We also provide an in patient service for acute medical, diabetes and endocrinology related problems.
Visit the AccessAble website for accessibility information and directions for visiting the Diabetes and Endocrinology department.
HCG Gonasi Tutorial
A video tutorial showing how to mix and draw up the drug HCG.