- Acute Medical Unit
- Frailty Unit – Ward 23
- Coronary Care Unit
- Cardiology – Ward 17
- Respiratory – Ward 18
- Care of the Elderly – Ward 19
- Care of the Elderly / Acute Stroke Unit – Ward 20
- Gastroenterology – Ward 21
- Diabetes and Endocrinology – Ward 22
- Ward 29 – Short Stay Unit
- Ward 30 – General Medicine
We currently have vacancies across the trust for Staff Nurses. We welcome applicants looking for flexible or part time opportunities.
£22,128 – £28,746 per annum (AfC band 5)
- Are you studying to be a Registered Nurse?
- Are you a Newly Qualified Registered Nurse?
- Are you a Registered Nurse with experience looking for a change?
If you are we would like you to join us here at Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, we are a small friendly District General Hospital where your training and professional development needs will not be stifled and actively encouraged.
Training includes a full 12 month preceptorship programme for Newly Qualified and Registered Nurses new into the NHS, we will also support you with your revalidation.
You will work in a clinical environment of no more than 28 patient beds where our nurse per bed ratio is 1 to 7.
We enjoy working within an environment that demonstrates the corporate vision that people want to work for us – we invite you to join in working here.
Clinical areas with vacancies available
AMU, Respiratory Cardiology, Gastro, Endocrinology, Care of the Elderly, Frailty Care, Stroke Medicine and Emergency
General Surgery, Urology, ENT, Colorectal, Gynae and Breast
We are open to working flexibly with you, including part time opportunities. See all current vacancies on NHS Jobs.
For further details or an informal chat please contact the following Associate Directors of Nursing:
- Diane Edwards – Emergency, Orthopaedics & Care Services
Call 07792 587528
- Helen Green – General & Specialist Surgery
Call 01226 435665
- Ben Dockerill Acting Matron / Nurse Advisor for Children
Call 01226431221 or 01226 432518
For application enquiries please contact email@example.com, or telephone 07790 812406
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and fair treatment to all applicants regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, mental or physical disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age or offending history.
How to become a nurse
Please use the links below for information from two local universities about how to apply for nursing courses and what experience and qualifications you need to become a nurse.