The Paediatric Physiotherapy Team works with all ages of children from premature babies to sixteen year olds and treats a wide variety of conditions within these age groups.
The specialist services provided include:
- The ‘Ponseti’ method of treatment for club feet (a technique that corrects congenital clubfoot without invasive surgery)
- The ‘Joan Lacey’ neurological assessment for premature babies (The gold standard assessment tool for detecting early problems in this vulnerable age group)
- Combined Podiatry and Physiotherapy assessments
- Input into the Cystic Fibrosis clinic
- Evidence based treatment for toe walkers
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy assessment and treatment
- Exercise programmes
We also work closely with the community therapy team to support children with long term needs.