MAKING A REFERRAL
Please note, referral forms are only for the use of professionals/agencies supporting a family and can not be completed by parent/carer. All self referrals will automatically be rejected.
Referral to community Paediatrics (Paper referrals no longer accepted)
Referral to Autism Assessment Service
The resources below have been collated from other organisations, charities and services for your convenience. Barnsley hospital is not responsible for the content of these documents.
- Autism Alert Card Application From (South Yorkshire Police)
- Autism and Education: Good practice guide for L A guide for local authorities and schools in England
- Autism resource pack for school
- Autism sport and physical activity booklet
- The Anxious Child – A booklet for parents and carers wanting to know more about anxiety in children and young people.
- Toileting – Information for professionals and carers: toilet training children with autism and developmental disabilities
Early Help -A Practitioners Guide
Speech and Language
Recommended reading list
- Aspergirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome By: Rudy Simone – ISBN: 9781849058261
- Autism in the Early Years: A Practical Guide (Resource Materials for Teachers) [2nd edition]
By Val Cumine – ISBN: 978041548373
- CBT Toolbox for Children and Adolescents: Over 220 Worksheets & Exercises for Trauma, ADHD, Autism, Anxiety, Depression & Conduct Disorders
By Lisa Phifer – ISBN:9781683730750
- Girls and Autism: Educational, Family and Personal Perspectives
By: Barry Carpenter, Francesca Happé, Jo Egerton, Baroness Sheila Hollins – ISBN: 9780815377269
- Having Fun with Feelings on the Autism Spectrum: A CBT Activity Book for Kids Age 4-8
By: Michelle Garnett – ISBN: 9781787753273
- How to Support and Teach Children on the Autism Spectrum
By: Dave Sherratt – ISBN: 9781855033900
- Kids in the syndrome mix of ADHD, LD, Autism Spectrum, Tourette’s, Anxiety and More! [2nd edition]
By Martin L. Kutscher – ISBN: 9781849059671
- Sensory Activities for Autism: Fun Learning Games for Autism and Sensory Disorders
By Mary McPhee – ISBN: 9780995157668
- Toilet Training for Individuals with Autism & Related Disorders: A Comprehensive Guide for Parents & Teachers
By: Maria Wheeler – ISBN: 9781885477453
- Women and Girls with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Understanding Life Experiences from Early Childhood to Old.
By Sarah Hendricks – ISBN: 1849055475